Sandpiper Bay Homeowners Association

Latest News

Monday, July 16, 2018

June 2018 Board Minutes


SANDPIPER BAY HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

June 2018 Board Minutes


BOARD: Tina Eissler, Naomi Patterson, Jane Byus, Ryan Siegfried

MGMT:  Susan Keene, Larry Edwards

The Sandpiper Bay Board of Directors met on June 20, 2018, at 6:00 at the pool. They were joined by interested homeowners, Carrie Storms, Bonnie Grimble, and Linda Harrell, to select colors for 2018 painting.

BUSINESS:

  • The Board discussed several summer projects that need to be considered:
-Additional riprap is needed around the lake.
-Selected trees need to be trimmed away from building roofs.  There are also five dead trees              between I465 and the Sandpiper Bay fence that need to be addressed.  PSG will call INDOT to see whether they are responsible for this area.
  • The Board commented on the real estate situation in the community.  The condominiums are selling quickly and homeowners are getting much higher prices than in the past.

  • PSG brought several exterior paint charts and fan decks with thousands of colors.  Members of the Board and paint committee looked at the buildings to be painted and used the charts with actual homes painted in certain colors.  They decided on Greige for the base and Pure White for the trim.  The same color scheme will be used for both buildings.  The only difference will be the entry door color.  Building #10 will use Naval for the door and Building #12 will have Fireweed on those entryways.  All were in agreement concerning the colors.


The meeting was adjourned.



April 2018 Board Minutes


SANDPIPER BAY HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

April 2018 Board Minutes


BOARD: Tina Eissler, Naomi Patterson, Jane Byus, Ryan Siegfried

MGMT:  Susan Keene, Larry Edwards

The Sandpiper Bay Board of Directors met on April 18, 2018, at 6:00 at the Pike library. The March financials were reviewed and approved.

BUSINESS:

  • The Board approved the plan suggested by Eads Murray and Pugh concerning one of the delinquent homeowners.  There should be no further charges to this account unless property taxes are still outstanding.
  • The Board approved painting two buildings this summer…Building #10 and #12.  These buildings have been repaired and are ready for painting.
  • The Board will contact Sherwin Williams for help in picking colors.  They have a coordinator who should be able to sit down with everyone and help select the appropriate colors.
  • Final color selections for buildings will be approved at the June meeting.  Other interested homeowners will be invited to be part of the process.

The meeting was adjourned.

February 2018 Board Minutes


SANDPIPER BAY HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

February 2018 Board Minutes


BOARD: Tina Eissler, Naomi Patterson, Jane Byus

MGMT:  Susan Keene, Larry Edwards

HOMEOWNER:  Bonnie Grimble

The Sandpiper Bay Board of Directors met on February 21, 2018, at 6:00 at the Pike library. The January financials were reviewed and approved.

BUSINESS:
  • The siding for Building #14 has been painted and will soon be installed.
  • The Board asked Susan from PSG to look into the Snow Removal costs for the season.  There seems to be confusion on how many snows were removed by Classic Lawn Care.
  • The Board approved liens on 3 delinquent homeowners.  When liens mature, a decision will be made about foreclosure.
  • The Annual Meeting for 2018 is November 28, 2018 at 6:00 pm at MCL.  The date change will keep the meeting from coinciding with Thanksgiving.


The meeting was adjourned.

2017 Annual Board Minutes


SANDPIPER BAY HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Annual 2017 Board Minutes


BOARD: Ryan Seigfried, Naomi Patterson, Jane Byus

MGMT:  Susan Keene, Larry Edwards


The Sandpiper Bay Annual Meeting was held on November 15, 2017 at 6:00 at MCL,

Naomi Patterson, Board President, called the meeting to order at 6:00.  In addition to the Board and Management, there were 8 homeowners present.  Naomi introduced the Board and the October minutes were read to the homeowners.  The October financials were reviewed.
ARCHITECTURAL:
     The committee approved a request for new windows, but did not approve a request for placing a satellite dish by the lake.
     Bonnie Grimble and Carrie Storms have volunteered to form a Welcome committee.  PSG will let them know when new homeowners buy into the community.
     Homeowners were also told of the importance of the Mayor’s Action Line (317 327-4622).  They will handle any calls from dog problems to trash collection.
MAINTENANCE REPORT:
     Larry Edwards presented the maintenance report for 2017:
  • The top priority for the Board is getting buildings ready for paint.
  • The Board has solicited painting bids for the 2018 summer.  The plan is to paint one large building and one small.  At that time the paint colors will be updated.
Q…Is there a consideration to swathe from T1-11 siding to vinyl?   A…Larry stated that vinyl can cheapen the look.  The plan is to use Smart Trim and/or Hardy board.
·      Divider fences will not be completed next year. 
·      The Association will clean gutters and remove leaves.  Homeowners are responsible for cleaning leaves from patio areas and front plant beds.
·      Low limbs are trimmed away from buildings and drives by PSG.  A tree service is used to remove large trees.
SECURITY ISSUES:
  • Does Sandpiper Bay want to retain CSI Protective Services or find someone else?  The board will investigate new security companies.  Naomi Patterson called IMPD and was told that the security signs are a deterrent.  The Board must also consider that the Association documents require outside security.  It might be time to try to restart a Neighborhood Watch.  The Board will research all services and ask for data concerning the area.
PAINT COLOR COMMITTEE:
  • Carrie Storms and Debbie Drake volunteered to meet with a Sherwin Williams color representative to discuss the color options.

The meeting was adjourned.


Friday, October 13, 2017

HOA Meeting

There will not be an HOA meeting on Wednesday October 18, 2017.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Water Spigots

The water on the end of all the buildings will be turned off at the end of September.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

July 2017 Board Minutes

SANDPIPER BAY HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

July 2017 Board Minutes


BOARD: Tina Eissler, Naomi Patterson, Jane Byus, Ryan Siegfried

MGMT:  Susan Keene, Larry Edwards

     The Sandpiper Bay Board of Directors met on July 19, 2017, at 6:00 at the Sandpiper pool. The June minutes and financials were reviewed and approved.  There were no architectural control requests.

OLD BUSINESS:
  • The Board will let CSI Protective Services know that they need to be more consistent with it reports.  The Board will also invite IMPD to attend the Annual meeting.  They will also review whether the CSI report could be placed on the website.
  • The burning bushes are becoming too large.  Send letters to those homeowners who need to trim their bushes back.  Volunteer homeowners will help.
  • Brian Steigler an email to the Board thanking them for listening to the homeowners.  He is already seeing a difference.  It is important that homeowners call in repairs.  If you see something, say something.  Please do not automatically assume that management will see it.
  • The Board received an updated project list from Larry Edwards of PSG.  There were lots of projects for the current month.  Brandon will try to set up the website so homeowners will know what has been done.

NEW BUSINESS:
  • The meetings of the Board are as scheduled:
August, September, October>>Nora Library
Annual>>MCL
  • Carrie Storms, Bonnie Grimble, and Tina Eissler have volunteered to be the Sandpiper Bay Welcome Committee.  PSG will call the committee when a unit sells and closes.  They will coordinate with Brandon about the welcome packet.
  • There is an ongoing discussion about the high grass around the lake.  The Board will continue to try to regulate the Canada geese population.  The only effective deterrent are the dogs, but those are very expensive.  One Board member mentioned the use of cattails to curtail the geese.
  • Carrie and Bonnie have also volunteered to clean the outdoor lights.  Anyone who would like to help paint the utility boxes would be welcome.  The color is Forest Green.

The meeting was adjourned.